This beautiful song was written by Buddy Holly and recorded with the Ray Ellis orchestra on October 21, 1958, at the Pythian Temple Studio in New York City. It was not released until March 1960, after Buddy Holly's tragic death, when it was included on the album, The Buddy Holly Story, Vol. 2, on the Coral label. The personnel on the track are : Buddy Holly: vocal; Al Caiola: guitar; Sanford Bloch: bass; Ernest Hayes: piano; Abraham "Boomie" Richman: tenor saxophone; Clifford Leeman: drums; Doris Johnson: harp; Sylvan Shulman, Leo Kruczek, Leonard Posner, Irving Spice, Ray Free, Herbert Bourne, Julius Held & Paul Winter: violins; David Schwartz & Howard Kay: violas; Maurice Brown; Maurice Bialkin: cellos. Though the sax solo is credited to Boomie Richman, some sources credit it to Sam The Man Taylor. Buddy Holly, born Charles Hardin Holley on September 7, 1936 in Lubbock, Texas died on February 3, 1959 in an airplane crash.